RPA Category: Copy and Paste – Click to see demo of similiar process
A busy Property Management Agency were struggling with a double entry system involving charging tenants and landlords for services rendered. Moreover, the agency were struggling to hold onto staff to carry out this laborious task. The owner decided to explore RPA and automate the process.
The human process included:
- Making a written note of the tenant and reference number, together with service charge type and cost
- Logging into an industry specific software application
- Searching for a property by reference number
- Navigating to the landlord screen and creating landlord invoices
- Navigating to the tenant screen and creating a service charge
- Repeat for other tenant service charges
Finding stable button and field locators in software application DOM (Document Object Model).
Process Flow Map
RPA Bot Steps
Triggered manually from Desktop
- Connect to Google Sheets via API (Application Programming Interface)
- Log into software application
- Search for tenant
- Navigate to invoice screen
- Generate new landlord invoice with tenant reference included
- Navigate to tenant service charge screen
- Enter service charge and bill tenant
- Update Google Sheets with processed transaction
Process as % of Employees Time
Redeployment of staff to marketing and sales activities, and tenant management.