Video demonstrates the RPA Category of Copy and Paste.
Copy and Paste type processes are common in offices. They are generally about bridging the gaps to manually extract data from one bit of software, or document, and paste into another bit of software. So, it could be copying data from a spreadsheet and entering it into an ERP system for instance, or in the example in this demo, it could be about copying information from a supplier invoice, and pasting and entering into a financial package.
The demo is divided into 2 parts. The first part demonstrates the actual RPA robot conducting a Copy and Paste application, and an Accounts Payable automation. The second part, gives more detail behind the automation, using a flowchart to describe the steps the RPA robot executed, and lastly a summary of the key points.
The video shows the RPA robot:
- Processing Supplier PDF invoices received via email.
- Downloading the PDF invoice into a folder for this supplier
- Extracting data from the PDF; in this case, Supplier name, Invoice number, Description and the Net subtotal
- Opening the appropriate screens in the financial software application
- Inputting the information from the Supplier invoice into the relevant fields.
There are many examples of this type of process in the office including:
- Accounts Payable
- Goods Inwards/Delivery note processing
- Sales Order Processing, and particularly Creating Invoices
- Estimating & Quotations
- Purchase Orders